Gumball Grenade Illustrations

AlternateBliss ETSY SHOP - These are my items available for purchase

Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Lotus Blossom

Did you know the lotus was a symbol of femininity? The lotus is also a symbol of enlightenment and mental purity.

  1. First rolled out some polymer to a uniform thickness.

  2. Used my sculpting knife to carve the design. This is the fun part because sometimes you can literally see your design in the clay itself.

  3. Baked my design

  4. Tested the design on another piece of scrap polymer

  5. Cast the design in fine silver!

  6. Once the patina was on I was astonished! Adding the patina is by far my favorite part because it brings out every little detail!

  7. Then I added my ever so cherished and long awaited for carnelian beads! POP! There it was. The necklace I had envisioned!

Here's a pic:



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks so freakin cool!!! You are so awesome Tanya.

-Nic

AlternateBliss Studio said...

Blushing :P

Angela said...

Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. I love this necklace.