Gumball Grenade Illustrations

AlternateBliss ETSY SHOP - These are my items available for purchase

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Alice in Wonderland Fine Silver Necklace -ooak!


I love Alice in Wonderland Memorabilia. I have collected snow globes, ornaments, and cookie jars to mention a few. However, I just had a desire to try my hand at making the White Rabbit. So here he is! He is a one of a kind piece. I don't think I could make another one exactly like this if I tried. I was definitely "in the zone" when sculpting him. I wanted him to be quite detailed even down to the numbers on the clock and whiskers on his cheeks.
So I was thinking about how art tends to slow things down for me. It's quite different than running through life at the frantic pace of the White Rabbit. Maybe thats what draws people to art. The White Rabbit is a reminder to me. He reminds me to slow down and enjoy things. Enjoy what inspires you. Enjoy the process of creation. Enjoy learning and experiencing new things. Enjoy the moment of now. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Over The Top Aprons said...

I think this is absolutely beautiful! So carefully crafted!