Gumball Grenade Illustrations

AlternateBliss ETSY SHOP - These are my items available for purchase

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Photo Tips for your Listings




So here is what I have learned in the past few days on taking quality photos. Photo 1 is my after, Photo 2 is the obvious before..Here we go:
  • Take the photo near a north facing window (blinds open, get that natural light)
  • Photo your object at an angle (makes it more interesting and adds dimension)
  • Tape some rice paper or tissue paper over your flash (yes use the flash and have the window open)
  • Use a tripod or again tape your camera to something (like a box) to hold it steady
  • Use the timer feature on your camera, this way your little hand shakes don't disturb the focus
The before and after photos speak for themselves! Anyway this beautiful fine silver Japanese Cherry Blossom Charm is available in my etsy shop: http://www.alternatebliss.etsy.com/





2 comments:

ARTina said...

Wow...now I want to re-do all of my Etsy photos, lol. WONDERFUL tips...and that pendant is very nice. Great post!

Beth Lisa Goss, Wire Tree said...

I'm trying to rework lots of my jewelry photos. I don't HAVE a north facing window! What kind of house is this??