Gumball Grenade Illustrations

AlternateBliss ETSY SHOP - These are my items available for purchase

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Painters Block: Is there such a thing?


So some days I wake up and I feel consumed with creativity. My mind is racing with several ideas all at once saying, "ooh I could do this...and then if I do this...what if I try this! I need to do this!" But then, when I put brush to paper, it vanishes. Frustrating, so I take a break. Anyway I sat down tonight to paint and behold I was able to create! I didn't over analyze, I just did! I think that's what it takes sometimes...Just do, don't think. My challenge is that I feel creative during the first half of the day, but I don't get the time to create until the last bit of the night and so often the results can be disappointing, but not tonight! Here are a couple of ACEO's I did tonight.


2 comments:

countrygarden said...

i do that sometimes at night, mind racing and can't sleep. the muse visits about 2am and won't leave. sometimes feel cursed... but not really :)

Laura Bartlett said...

I seem to get seamstresses block on occasion, so painter's block? Sure why not.

I'm a night owl by nature, so I seem to get my best ideas and do my most aggrevating or complex pieces at night.