Gumball Grenade Illustrations

AlternateBliss ETSY SHOP - These are my items available for purchase

Friday, September 21, 2007

An Ode to the Lion

So I love when pieces of jewelry carry meaning with them. I know for myself I like to incorporate designs into my home and fashion that are symbolic of me or ideas important to me. Victorian imagery and motifs are rich in symbolism so I find a great deal of inspiration in them. I created a fine silver piece inspired by a Victorian motif of a child holding a lion. The lion has long been a symbol of protection, a savior, a Christ-like figure, courage, valor, and protection. So combine the imagery of a lion with a image of an innocent child and you have a piece that for me is symbolic of the protection of innocence. I had to modify the design a bit due the original image being so old and worn down. So I enhanced the image with a bit of carving so it is not an exact replica of the Victorian design. Take a look at how this little Leo turned out:



No comments: